I am very excited to be your child’s third grade teacher. I have been a teacher at St. John School for over 20 years and taught for 25 years! On my- that is a long time!
I love St. John School and it is truly my family. My own two sons graduated from St. John. Over the course of the twenty years, I have taught kindergarten, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth grade.
Here are my core beliefs about learning.
- can learn and have a natural curiosity.
- want to be known, accepted, and loved.
- need to make mistakes- behaviorally, socially, and academically.
- need to be challenged at their individualized level.
- develop at their pace. They do not need to be compared to one another.
“Children need the gift of time.” (taken from Mrs. Agnes Jacobson our former principal)
Please check out my Google Classroom for more updated information and lots of resources. Email Mrs. Ocampo for the class code.